Wednesday 20 February 2013

OUGD406 - Communication Is A Virus: Tea Bag Research

Although I am not responsible for designing the teabags, I found some interesting designs online and thought it would be helpful for the members of the group who are responsible. I also thought it would help me decide the most successful designs for the cups as I may be inspired once I have seen how the tea bags can relate to the cups.
 
This is a really simple and effective way of creating tea bags with a difference, by having them hanging over the edge somehow it creates something unique and intriguing for each individual who is drinking the tea.

Looks like good Hanger Tea by Soon Mo Kang
 
 
Once again, a fun image has been created using the cut out trees. The way they have been packged is clever so that they are all aligned. I think this would be fun to do, but considering the time scale and the amount of tea bags we are going to be selling, it may not be practical.
 
Core77 / industrial design magazine + resource / Core77 Design Awards category
 
 
This is extremely relevant as we may be using twinings tea for our final tea sale. I like how they have applied the logo to each bag with a different colour scheme. We could deveop on the idea of actually creating a bag for the tea to go in like this possibly.
 
Twinings Iced T - Degree Project - Package Design
 
 
I love the labels on this design, and I love how they have adapted the tea bag packaging to a bar of soap, a very clever idea.
 
modern blog □
 
Source

This packaging is very clean and professional, something we could possibly consider. However I am not sure this would work with what we are doing as we don't want to create too much of a serious tone.

Glasfurd and Walker

Source

Once again this is a very professional, mature design which would work well if we were creating something for a cafe or restaurant I think.

cornelia identity by Oriol gil www.mr-cup.com

Source


No comments:

Post a Comment