Originally, I was going to use LGP Print in Leeds to print all of my work out for context of practice. However, in the time that I had left to make final adjustments, this wouldn't have been possible without rushing it. I also worked out that it would cost quite a lot for them to produce because I would be perforating each individual print out and it would be quite time consuming.
I then experimented in uni to see whether the print quality was good enough for me to be able to use it for my final piece. However, I had a lot of problems with this. The shade of blue when printed didn't match up to the shade of blue on the screen and this is something which concerned me because it needs to match the Kimberly-Clark blue as closely as possible. I wondered at first whether this was because of the format of the file which I had sent, but even when I tried to send it using a different format, it still didn't work.
I went and spoke to one of the technicians and managed to catch him before he left for the day, unfortunately he was unable to solve the problem for me and would only be able to solve it after the deadline. I therefore decided that I needed to consider an alternative printing method.
I came to the conclusion that I would print in the digital dungeon at college instead. This way I can be in complete control of the quality of the print out and I can feel 100% satisfied with the outcome.