Sunday 24 February 2013

OUGD406 - Communication Is A Virus: Further Research (Cups)

As I am in charge of looking at and designing cups for this brief I thought it would be helpful for me to look online to see if there are any relevant and inspiring designs.
 
Although I am not keen on the graphics on this design I think the white cup and black lid looks very sophisticated, however for us, it depends on cost and availability and I can imagine if we tried to get white cups with red lids of desired shade it would be expensive and very much a case of trial and error. 
  Cool-Cups1.jpg
 

I love these coasters. I think if we were to create coasters it would be great, however I don't think they are necessary for us, as people probably wouldn't use them. The only way they would use them is if they were a collectors item and souvenir for our project, where all of the proceeds of course would go towards Comic Relief.
 
SANDWICH COASTERS
 
 
This is a really effective way of keeping hot drinks hot, I like the design of the packaging as it is functional and fun at the same time. I definitely feel as though it is important for us to provide lids with our cups as it maintains heat as well as reducing the amount of spillages.
 
Put A Lid On It
 

This is such a clever concept, especially for graphic designers, although I couldn't really take much inspiration from this directly, I think there are ways I could indirectly, for example by taking the idea of having something to read on the inside of the cup and perhaps having it on the bottom of the cup instead, as it wouldn't be possible for us to produce so many cups with designs printed on the inside, unless we were to spend a lot of money.
 
MYCUPPA MUGS
 
 
Similarly, the designer here has considered the audience a lot. I feel as though for our Comic Relief tea containers, they need to be bright and encourage people to buy. They also need to be in some way informative so that the consumer knows what they are buying and where the proceeds are going to.
 
2 CARAT CUP
 
 
Another innovative way of creating a coaster, fun and creative whilst maintaining simplicity too.
 
SPLAT STAN COASTER
 
 
If we had the funds to create something like this it would be amazing, as we could develop upon this design and possibly create a lid with a red nose on it. They would be designed so that people could keep them and remember the event in years to come. Unfortunately this isn't feesable but it is a great concept.
 
Decole : Chocolat Cake...
 
Source

Decole : Little Red...

Source

Decole : Gingerbread...

Source

By having the indiviual illustrations on each mug here, it personalises it. I think that in our case this would be slightly hard to do maybe, but we could apply the idea effectively by having different flavoured tea illustrated in a fun way.

Kawaii mug cup from Decole Japan!

Source

I think this is really clever and could possibly be achievable, but maybe not with plastic or polystyrene cups as it would be unstable to use.

Soup and Crackers Mug

Source

This is obviously the most relevant design relating so closely to what we are doing. We can definitely use this as inspiration, and I think even if I create something which can be placed on the bottom of the cup, whether it is text or image, will be very effective.

Clown Nose Mug

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment