Tuesday 19 March 2013

OUGD404 - Design Principles: Peer Reviewing

Below is the double page spread I displayed on my laptop screen for the purpose of peer reviewing. It is one of my initial layout ideas for my 10 things about graphic design publication. I have tried to maintain simplicity and professionalism and hope that this is noticed by my peers.
 
 
The feedback I recieved is listed below:
  • Simple, readable, like minimal use of colour. Good incorporation of + sign into the grid
  • Modernist? Clever use of the + I really like that, not sure what else to say
  • Good simplistic approach but too much blank space in my opinion, consider moving title down?
  • Really nice, simple layout. Look at making the text block and remove hyphens so it is neat
  • I like the simplistic style, quite bold and eyecatching
  • Like the simplicity and use of the symbol and RGB in the left hand corner
  • Maybe too simple with the negative space on the left
  • Really like the minimalistic design of this spread. Combined with the bold use of black it is suggestive of its informative nature. Another image would work well on the left hand page to balance with the text on the right hand page perhaps
I am really pleased with this feedback and think it is very helpful and constructive. I will definitely take this into consideration when I come to making alterations and improving my designs. I could definitely take all of these suggestions into account when improving work.
 
I think the only negatives to this process were the fact that not everyone received at least four constructive comments. This could maybe make some people feel a bit disappointed. On the other hand many people received a lot more feedback which would have been extremely beneficial when making alterations and improving work in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment