Tuesday 8 April 2014

OUGD505 - Design Practice 2: Studio Brief 2 (Homebase Primary Research)

Today I went to Homebase while I was at home in hope that I might find some webbing to use for my project, Ideally, I would like to create small seat belts to represent road safety and so I thought that this material would be the most appropriate and the closest to the material of a seat belt. Thankfully, when I went inside I found a collection of webbing, all of which were the perfect colours for this project. 

I have bought a sample of the red because I think this would be the most appropriate to represent danger and safety. I am hoping that when I take this home and experiment with it, it will work well enough to use for my final products. 


Coincidentally, when I was in Homebase, I came across these toy cars. There were quite a few packets of them left, and they were all reduced, so I decided to buy some for my Waterstones stall to give away as a free gift. All of the different colours used for the cars are the exact same colours that I have used for my autism publication so this is ideal. 


Initially, I was going to have my large box made and then spray paint all of the letters on each side individually. However, when I thought about this in more depth I realised that it would be hard to get the letters to be exactly how I want them, without it taking a long time. So when I saw all of these stick on letters in Homebase I considered how I could use them, but decided that they would probably be too small to use and unnecessary.




No comments:

Post a Comment