Monday 3 February 2014

OUGD505 - Design Practice 2: Study Task 1 (Digital Research)

Created by a certified Speech-Language Pathologist, Articulation Station is a full featured
articulation application to help children as well as adults learn to speak and pronounce their sounds more clearly. Beautiful high quality images represent target words to be practiced in fun-filled activities with the assistance of a Speech-Language Pathologist, teacher or parent.


iPhone Screenshot 1

Qualitative Reviews:

"I recently bought this app to use with my elementary and middle school students. I am a school SLP. I have been really impressed with how much ALL of my students love it! It is great for practicing past the sentence level and the rotating sentences activity is a big hit. The kids also like to record themselves and listen before scoring. And it saves the data so I can focus on the student and their engagement and not be focused solely on taking data. I also love the different vocalic r choices for all positions in words and sentences. No more carrying around decks of cards and worksheets for me! Thanks!"

"I think this is the best speech app my speech teacher has the app on her iPad mini and we all think is the best app ever for speech!!"

"I cannot say enough good things about this app. I use it daily for group and individual therapy. It is pricey but that is because it has everything you need and will never need a handout or deck of cards again. The app does cover word and sentence but you can very easily use a portion of the sentence to work on phrase. The kids have gotten use to the check minus system and I don't need another reinforcement system at this time, which is now something else I don't have to worry about. The only area of weakness is that there are no blends in the middle or at the end but I find that most children carry them over to medial and final if the get them initially anyways. For the few I may need to go to anther app for, it just isn't an issue. Once you get moving with it I work on directions as well as the children run the app. I am able to use the spinning feature to do vocabulary etc so is has multiple functions for making planning more simple. The fact that it can be set up for groups is fantastic. Each child has his sounds on file and when the group arrives you touch the names and the game begins. Each child's name comes up with their sound and the data is there for each child. What more can I say..I don't know how I did this before. So much more time for eval's, paperwork and meetings haha. PS it records and saves and emails too. Once a month at least for my Medicaid kiddos, I email a lesson and have my contact. I should stop now, I think you get the idea that I find the app useful, time saving and ever so functional."




No comments:

Post a Comment