Monday 3 February 2014

OUGD505 - Design Practice 2: Study Task 1 (Latest Conversation with Speech Therapist)

Having researched in to everything Emma had suggested I then decided that I needed a bit more direction. I have found lots of different design options for me and have a lot of ideas for various products I could produce, as indicated in my research. However, I know that Emma deals with a lot of different patients who have suffered from different things, and so I thought it would be worthwhile to narrow my search options down a bit more so I asked the following and received the following responses:

Me

"I'm just trying to get my research together for this brief and I'm trying to think of as many ideas as possible!! Have you thought any more about it? Is there a particular patient you think I should concentrate ie. someone who has had a stroke/autistic etc? I'm thinking that it would be better to focus on something you could use as opposed to a speech language pathologist... So that I can get as much information from you who understands the ins and outs of it! What would you make different about the flash cards you were thinking of with anna?"

Emma

"I would go with autism if you're still thinking about the multi-textural sensory board!The flash cards thing me and Anna were reaearching wouldn't be very good for your project I don't think because there is guidelines that the pictures have to only be photos (e.g of a toilet, food etc) and the font has to be a certain size/type. There's guidelines for people who have a stroke etc. so it would probs be very boring an very simple for an art project!"

Me

"I think the sensory board idea could work well, I was even considering making a book out of felt that they could feel and play with parts in!"

Emma

"That would be so good! Do some reading on sensory and autism there's quite a lot and then you will be able to understand why they enjoy Sensory properties of things. Or even thinking about dead/blind children who are young. Tactile is an important sense for them and they would enjoy a sensory book too!"

Updated direction

Since this conversation I have decided that I am going to focus on researching Autism more and eventually design something to help children with Autism I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment