Friday 9 January 2015

OUGD601 - Context of Practice 3: Sharples and Grant Experience

During the Summer holidays I was fortunate enough to gain a placement with Sharples and Grant, who design packaging for pet products. This was an eye opening experience and enabled me to learn a lot. One of the key things I learnt was to pay as much attention to the product as the packaging. It was made clear to me when I was designing toys, that the only way to design it successfully is by considering them both at the same time to make sure that the end result is appropriate. 

I have taken what I learnt there and applied it to my context of practice work. I feel as though I have successfully managed to consider not only the food product but also how it could work alongside the pasta measure by sitting inside of it on the shelf to attract the consumer's attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment