Wednesday 1 May 2013

OUGD406 - Speaking From Experience: Recipe Book Research

When I went home for the weekend I visited Cedar Farm which is nearby to where I live. They have a food shop and everything inside very much represents the type of aesthetic feel I am aiming to achieve with this brief. I picked up one of their leaflets while I was in the shop as I like how simplistic it is as well as the use of a decorative, script font. As my design in terms of choice of font is very similar, it clarified to me that I had chosen a suitable font to use.
 
 
Below are a few pages scanned in from one of the recipes I used to use when I was younger. I absolutely loved all of the illustration inside as a child, and I still do now. Obviously it is too young and immature for me to take inspiration from completely for this brief, however I was able to take inspiration from the third image of all of the utensils and cooking equipment, as I have managed to create my own line drawings, with a bit more of a sketchy finish to them.



 
This is the recipe book I chose to full recipes out of. It is one my mum bought me before starting university and it has some really easy recipes inside which are suitable for any student. I hope that they are easy enough to follow, I have worded them in my own way when creating my own work, so hopefully students will enjoy using them as well as appreciate the time taken to design and laminate each one individually.


No comments:

Post a Comment