Sunday 5 May 2013

OUGD401 - Context of Practice: From Theory Into Practice Crit

This morning we were in our CP groups and we were split into groups of about 6 people. Our group sat in a circle with Fred and presented in turn. I found it really interesting listening to the feedback everyone was giving to each other. Everyone in our group was at a stage where they were able to present all of their research as well as their concepts. Nobody had spent time and money on printing to a professional standard which meant that we were all able to give constructive criticism to make improvements.

When I presented my work I showed all of my design boards as well as any illustrations I had done as well as my prototypes. I explained my concept and asked for any feedback.

Fred gave me the idea of making it so that each month a different part of my Chanel House is provided so that the consumer can construct it themselves. He then suggested that I could maybe design more houses, using the same idea of splitting it up into sections, and then providing Vogue readers with parts each month. The other houses would consist of more designers, for example Alexander McQueen. I think this is a strong idea, however I am unsure whether I will be able to produce a variety of different items to a high standard, whereas if I was to simply concentrate on the creation of one, I will be able to put all of my effort into that one design and do the best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment