Sunday 20 January 2013

OUGD405 - Research, Collect, Communicate: Product - Pet Travel Kit Design Secondary Research (Symbols)

I thought it would be helpful to research into existing logos and images that are used to represent the objects that will be found within my box. I didn't feel the need to research every object because I already had ideas for them. For medication though, I needed to create an easily recognisable symbol. Below are some of the images I found.

Existing symbols for medication

I don't think this would be helpful in any way as people wouldn't recognise what the symbol is being used for.

Source

The pills below could be adapted to illustrate a simple outline of medication as this would be easy to recognise.

Source

This is the kind of design I had in mine but maybe not quite as bulky. I think the design would look much more successful if it had a finer outline.

Dog shampoo

I really like this shampoo bottle design as it stands out from many existing bottles. The use of a dog bone for the lid works really well and instantly captures attention.


No comments:

Post a Comment