Wednesday 9 January 2013

OUGD405 - Research, Collect, Communicate: Product (Pet Passport Research)

Having thought of many ideas before settling on this one I have finally decided that I am going to design a pet passport, but before I do there are many key areas I need to look at and investigate further. This will give me the necessary knowledge to be able to produce my work and feel satisfied with it.

I moved away from my original direction (labrador cafe) because I felt that it wouldn't interest me enough and there wouldn't be much to work with, whereas with this idea I have so many areas to research and so many ideas to explore.

Vector dog images

Pinned Image
Pinned Image
Pinned Image
Existing passport covers for humans

Pinned Image
I am not keen on this design because it doesn't look professional enough. I quite like how the button fastening has been included in the design but that is about it.
Pinned Image
Pinned Image
Pinned Image
Pinned Image
Pinned Image
Pinned Image
Where the idea of a passport has been used in different contexts (Wedding invitations)
Pinned Image

I love how clean and different this wedding invitation is. The inside is my favourite design but I also think that the blue on the outside compliments it very well.
Pinned Image
I think these colours are extremely striking and love the gold and silver have been used to emboss the text and emblem on the front.
 Pinned Image
Source

This is a prime example of a high class, designer passport cover. It is obviously targeting the female population and is simply stunning.


Pinned Image

Source

Pinned Image

Source

Pinned Image

Source

Radley is a very popular brand which can be seen on so many different products, mainly handbags and purses. This passport cover definitely does the brand justice, however I am not so sure about the background colour.

Pinned Image

Source

Pinned Image

Source
I have researched existing passport covers and colours used so that I can apply these ideas to my own pet passport. When doing this, I was actually quite surprised about how similar the colours are on each different passport cover.
File:Reisepass at.svg
File:Belgian Passport 2008 cover.jpg
File:British Passport cover 2010.jpg
File:Bulgarian eu passport.jpg
File:Cyprus bio passport.jpg
File:Czech passport 2007 cover.jpg
File:Pasaporte EspaƱol 2009.jpg

This is the existing pet passport. I think it is really simple and not very eye catching. If this was a product on a shelf I most certainly wouldn't choose to buy it, therefore there is a need to improve the design and make it more appealing.
Here are some emblem ideas and logo designs. This is one I found on the internet on someone's blog. I quite like the design and it is very self explanatory and obvious what the design is for. I'm not sure how popular it would be if it was designed for the official pet passport though and some people may argue that it isn't professional enough.





 

This is a really clean cut design. I love the gold against the wood and how simple the drawings are.
 Pinned Image

Source

I then started to look at logo designs involving animals. This is a really clever one as the dogs have formed the cross to represent health.

Pinned Image

Source

This isn't as successful as the previous one and it doesn't look like as much thought has gone into the design of it. The colours used are also not very suitable.


Pinned Image

Source
This is my favourite logo design I have come across. I think it is really clever and the colours which have been used work really well.

Pinned Image

Source


No comments:

Post a Comment