Monday 10 December 2012

OUGD405 - Secondary Research: Labrador websites

I found a variety of labrador websites with various purposes. This one is obviously to promote and make people aware of the charity which they have in place for labradors inparticular. I think the layout of the website is quite easy to follow and it was also easy to navigate around. I could potentially look at charities for my brief and could maybe look at designing some sort of web page as I have some experience in this already.
 

This is obviously for a rescue centre and once again it was very easy to follow. The information on the site is also very interesting and could be another potential starting point for further research if appropriate after presenting my findings.
 

 
Of course, Andrex is probably one of the most popular sites/brands and people all over the world will be aware of it due to their famous adverts which always include labrador puppies to create an 'aww' factor. I think this would be interesting to look at, however it would be hard to rebrand something which is already so well established.


 
I came across this website whilst I was doing some further research to fulfil the next brief we have been given. It has given me another possible idea to go down the route of promoting labrador style jewellery.



Labradors originate from Newfoundland in Canada, so I thought I could also possibly branch out to look at the area rather than just labradors themselves.



When searching online for Labradors I came across this website. It is a website which is completely dedicated to labradors. They sell products on there for labrador lovers and I thought this would be interesting to look at because some of the design work is quite interesting.



Most of the products on the website are clothing and there is also the occassional canvas bag to buy too. The designs all have quite different styles to them and reach a wide audience. Everything is available to be bought all over the world and the reviews on the feedback page were all positive.



I like the colours used on this bag and feel that the symbols compliment the chosen typefaces well.











This is a clever play on words and I think labrador lovers around the world would find the humour in it. All of these designs are very simplistic but eyecatching and a lot of the designs for females could easily be worn by men too as they have a wide range of colours available. 










This made me laugh when I saw it and I'm still actually slightly unsure as to whether this is available to buy or whether it is a bit of a joke. However, I suppose keen animal lovers and labrador lovers would like this as a gift!



Since finding the previous website on labrador lovers I did another search on google to see whether I could find anymore websites that caught my eye. I searched for 'labrador lovers gifts' and this was the first website that came up. My initial thoughts on the design of the homepage were positive and the layout of it is very professional and quite inviting.










LABRADOR CLOCK WITH WAGGING TAIL














I thought this collection was quite artistic and unique in comparison to the other things I have found...
"J'Adore Labrador" Bone China Mug
"Lab Coat" Labrador Coaster
Labrador "Nothing Butt" Canvas Tote Bag
"J'Adore Labrador" Coaster
Another website I came across which sells products for labrador lovers is Zazzle. I couldn't believe just how many products were available. This just shows that they must be very popular!






I then came across another website whereby you can choose the item you would like to buy and personalise it by choosing the design as well as sometimes being given the option to add the name of your dog to the product.

Below are the variety of designs they have available to choose from. I personally dislike these designs as they are not tasteful in my opinion, however they must be popular enough for the website to still be up and running.








No comments:

Post a Comment