Wednesday 7 May 2014

OUGD505 - Design Practice 2: Studio Brief 2 (Secondary Research)

When designing my email to send out, I decided to carry out some research into the surrounding schools in Leeds. I want to try and invite everyone possible in the area but it is important that I get the email sent out as soon as possible in order for me to receive responses in time, and in order to give people enough notice as they may live quite far away. I have no idea whether they will be able to make it on the night of the stall, but there is no harm in trying, especially as I will be able to build up even more contacts this way.

Below is all of the research and reading I did before contacting surrounding schools and organisations. Whilst doing this research, I also came across 'Brake' who focus on road safety for children with autism in particular. This has given me the insight that I need and the confirmation that I am making the right decision in using this subject for the second part of my brief.

I am going to donate the money I take at Waterstones to Brake as well as Autism Awareness as I have already spent a lot of money on this project so there is no point in me trying to make any profit for myself.




















I have also considered organising a second event to have a cake stall at uni. However, I know from past experience that this is time consuming as it means going through health and safety and asking their permission. I also think that this may be giving myself too much to do in the space that we have to complete all of the work as well as all of the other briefs. 



No comments:

Post a Comment