Tuesday 6 May 2014

OUGD501 - Context of Practice: Creative Essay Submission

As I have demonstrated on a previous blog post, I looked into different ways in which I could present my final essay for submission. I wanted to try and portray the content of my essay through the way in which it is packaged. I went to Paperchase and bought a recycled box with a green lining and band around it and then used some recycled shavings which I already had at home. Using one of the handles off an All Saints bag, I fed a label through it and attached it to the outer band.

I decided to print my essay out on brown recycled paper. I was able to print my essay out on pieces of paper which are 11cm x 11cm. This leaves room around the edge to be able to view the green on the inside of the box as well as the shavings. By reusing some resources and purchasing only recycled materials to produce this outcome, I have been able to engage in ethical and sustainable practice which links directly with the content of my essay. 

One slight downfall with this idea was the fact that the images didn't show up as clearly as they would on white stock. This is why I have also provided a digital version of my essay so that they can be viewed clearly. 




No comments:

Post a Comment