Monday 20 January 2014

OUGD503 - Design Process 2: Responsive (Fedrigoni Research)

I have decided to research into past Fedrigoni submissions online and any other paper craft work which I find inspiring, in hope that I will get some ideas for my own work. I think it is important for me to do this so that I can understand what they expect and also to make sure that I produce something which hasn't been done before to ensure it stands out.

I think this design is really clever, using all of the different stocks but also demonstrating the versatility of them all by crafting them all into different shapes relevant to the object they are portraying. I like the idea of using a pivot to allow the recipient to move the paper behind the main structure, which also encourages interaction. This is something I would consider for my calendar.


Source


This is also really imaginative and a clever way of engaging with an audience. However, it does mean that once the paper has been pulled back and torn away, it is going to be left unsealed. So if I was going to consider adopting this method of closure I would have to work out whether or not I would want the box to be reusable afterwards. 


Source


The layout of this is very structured and the samples of the stock are neatly organised. I could take inspiration from this if I tried to adapt my desk calendar into some sort of swatch booklet as well for the Woodstock paper range.



When I came across this I considered how I could perhaps emboss into paper and have the whole of my desk calendar created in a way that wouldn't involve ink, this way all of the attention is on the paper. I do think this is something that people have considered before now for Fedrigoni however, and so I would have to ensure that my idea is different enough for it to be successful.

SI Exclusive   Noble Studio


















No comments:

Post a Comment