Friday 9 November 2012

OUGD401 - Critical Analysis: DIET


I wasn't in during this exercise so I have had to compromise and complete the work since finding out what work I missed.

We were asked to find two pieces of design which we loved and two pieces we hated.

The presentation which I missed involved looking at critical analysis and how it helps us to improve our work. 

The following criteria was used in the studio to analyse images:
D describe (What can you see?)
I interpret (What is it about?)
E evaluate (How good is it?)
T theorise (How could it be improved?)

They then had to analyse the images they had found. Therefore I am going to do the same with one of my images. I am going to use one of the images I found for hate.



D and I

The olympic 2012 logo has been formed by using geometric shapes with a thick black outline. It is clear that it has been designed for the olympics because of the typography included as well as the famous symbol for the olympics, making it recognisable.

E

  • Poor design
  • Lack of professionalism
  • Harsh to look at
  • Childish design
T
  • The composition of '2012'
  • Change of typeface
  • More indication that it is for the olympics as it would be meaningless without the text and symbol
  • Legibility
  • Focus more on the olympic logo









No comments:

Post a Comment