Tuesday 18 March 2014

OUGD503 Responsive: Design Process 2: Voodou Hairdresser (Visual Research)

I have created this post so that I can document any helpful imagery which I may come across when completing any work for Voodou hairdressers. I feel as though the more imagery I have, the more likely I am to be able to produce some work which is strongly representative of their business.

I have walked past several of their salons before, as they are all in Liverpool and this isn't far from where I live when I'm at home. I have also found some photographs online of some of their salons which I am finding helpful, as I can look at their font choices and how they have presented themselves.




When I did a basic search for 'Voodou Liverpool' images of their staff came up, which shows that they want to be perceived as a friendly organisation and a business which clients feel they can approach easily. I got this impression when I visited the salon and had a meeting with the marketing manager, and also realised this when I designed some promotional material for them over Summer. 



Voodou Website

I have also researched into the Voodou website as I think it is important to understand their online presence as well. Interestingly, since the Summer, I have noticed that they have used my illustrations on the banner along the top of the home page. This is something we hadn't agreed on when I did the work for them, however I don't mind because it shows that they were happy with the outcome. 






No comments:

Post a Comment