Wednesday 18 December 2013

OUGD504 - Design Production: Design For Print and Web: ISTD Initial Research

I have decided to start my research by looking at images relating to the Chateau de Versailles. I feel as though I will be taking inspiration from the shapes and patterns in the gardens to be able to apply to my designs. I already have an image in my mind of what I think my end result will look like which is helping me a lot as I am aware of the amount of research this will require.



The shapes used on the floor here could be extremely influential as I could design my perfume bottles and other products with this in mind, giving it quite a geometric feel.

Pin says Versailles, but I think it's Chenonceau


Below is an image of part of the gardens of Versailles. I think the architecture as well as the patterns found within the nature in the gardens in beautiful, and I could certainly imagine creating a set of products using the patterns as a basis for my designs.

Les chateaux de la Loire, France. Photos by Alix Bancourt


Finding birds eye views of the garden is ideal as it allows me to accurately apply the patterns at a larger scale. However, by finding images of small areas of garden, this will allow me to almost create my own pattern that I feel represents the Chateau de Versailles successfully.

Gardens at the Chateau of Vaux-le-Vicomte, Maincy, Seine-et-Marne, France

No comments:

Post a Comment