Wednesday 20 November 2013

OUGD504 - Design Production: Design For Print (Further Research - Reuse of Info Pack)

I love the idea of my info pack being reusable. My practice at the moment seems to be linking back to being sustainable and eco friendly all of the time. I have therefore managed to collect some relevant imagery which will hopefully inspire me for my own work. 

I love how this example is a plant pot which can be reused. The branding itself works well as they have used the shapes of leaves to insert images inside of them. This relates closely to my idea of 'turning over a new leaf' or 'taking a leaf out of my book'. 

Twigs_10 
Twigs_15 Twigs_01
Twigs_02 

Twigs_03 

Twigs_05 
Twigs_07 
Twigs_08 

Twigs_09 

I had an idea of including seeds in the back of my information pack so that the recipient can grow their own ink essentially. This packaging once again works well for this and I could easily apply the same principle to my own work.


Twigs_12 

Twigs_13 

Once again, below are some examples of seed packaging which could be inspiring to me if I decide to go down this route. I am currently unsure however, whether people would actually be interested in using them.


Balcony_gardener_1 
Balcony_gardener_2 

Balcony_gardener_5 



Balcony_gardener_3 

Balcony_gardener_4 


I have seen several examples of grow your own garden kits and this is one that particularly caught my attention. I am not as fond of the packaging design itself but the concept behind it.
EcoForms_OrganicFertilizer  EcoForms_HerbGardenKits_White
EcoForms_HerbGardenKit_Solo
EcoForms_HerbGardenKits
EcoForms_OrganicFertilizer_Top


I think this is a brilliant idea, and if I am able to take inspiration from this it would be great. The idea of creating your own garden in an office space means that everyone can enjoy nature, which is in turn broadening the captive audience.


This is a really clever concept, allowing people to reuse their toothbrushes by simply replacing the heads. This is reducing the amount of plastic being used and lessening the impact on the environment. This is something I could take inspiration from quite easily, by creating an information pack with more than one use.

No comments:

Post a Comment