Monday 8 April 2013

OUGD406 - Speaking From Experience: Primary Research From Edinburgh

I went to Edinburgh at the start of the Easter holidays and whilst I was there I came across a lot of inspiring pieces of existing design, The one below is a 3 dimensional book which is very functional and interesting to read. I thought it tied in well with my idea of creating a 3 dimensional house with pockets for all of the recipes.


Again, this inspired me in the same way and demonstrated to me how complex it may be to create something which is quite detailed.


As I was leaving Edinburgh I happened to find a small shop which had a lot of inspiring things inside. The fish recipe cards were very well designed and have inspired me to use black and perhaps coloured stock. They are functional and attractive to look at too.


This game follows the idea that you have to make it pop up to play it. I think this is something I could think about, something that would pop up and be instructional. However it may be a bit too crafty and not functional enough, the students need to be able to access the recipes as quickly as possible.


This is a small ice cream van model which starts off as a kit and needs to be constructed before it is useful or complete as an ornament.



This is a cute packaging design, it is a small box with a house printed on the outside and cress seeds inside, to plant your own garden. The instructions are included inside and fold out as necessary.


No comments:

Post a Comment