Monday 8 April 2013

OUGD404 - Design Principles: Printing Enquiry


Prior to university I had lots of experience with printing, as I used to get a lot of work published through the business I worked for. This made me think I could possibly use their services for my 10 page spread publication. Although I have a print slot booked in for when we return, I think it might be cutting it a bit fine waiting until then. So I decided to call Flexipress up and ask them about binding facilities, as we had only ever used them to bind hundreds of publications at once, therefore I had no idea about cost etc. I went to see them and they showed me what they had to offer, however to do perfect binding it would have cost me close to £50, as they have to set the printer up for the one publication, which is time consuming and costly for them. Therefore I have decided since this to print at home, as I have just bought a new printer which allows me to feed a wide variety of stock through it. This will be more cost effective and I will be able to have it finished before going back to college.

No comments:

Post a Comment